Phillip carter shipyardphil organic alternative energy wind power solar stock investment chart snowboard surf green skate cramer X Investing

Sunday, August 28, 2005





Katrina







The hurricane is going to drive traders into a frenzy I'm sure. Insurance companies will loose, crops will get damaged, construction will slow and.....the oil refineries, offshore drilling, and shipping......

It's very well known about Louisiana's energy production and hurricane sensitivity. "Eighteen percent of U.S. oil production originates in, is transported through, or is processed in Louisiana coastal wetlands with a value of $6.3 billion a year. Almost 24 percent of U.S. natural gas production originates in or is processed in Louisiana's coastal wetlands with a value of $10.3 billion a year.As of October 1998, there were 3,439 platforms in the Gulf off Louisiana's coast." The government Energy Information Administration has some factoids..... Journalists have been pondering the effects of a hurricane like this for a while.



I filled up my tank today... I wish I didn't need gas, but tomorrow I am expecting another price jump.
$1.53 for the cheapestuff in NC

Viewpoint Biodiesel:
I am not a fan of biodiesel for everyone....I really don't want water problems to grow gas for cars. Crops are better for food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home