Phillip carter shipyardphil organic alternative energy wind power solar stock investment chart snowboard surf green skate cramer X Investing

Sunday, February 19, 2006





K2
Yeah Gretchen!!!



Women Snowboarders have really been doing well. Lindsey Jacobellis had an oooops, as she was winning and decided to look back. Bad move. She fell and came in second. It takes full concentration to stay up.


I had a Bode moment last night. I was watching the Nike commercial with Bode -isms, which may not be as profound as Yogi Berra -isms , and decided that ** competing in your core competancy *** is the best thing to do...(MBA school is having an effect eh?) So this blog will stick to the environment and sports I know best. While wall-street can be experts at the flip of a news page....I know organics alternative energy and alternative sports like Bugs Bunny knows carrots. In the late 1990's I was taken by fuel cells, and subsequently knocked on my but by powerful energy companies. I know what is going on and how small companies can compete with the big dogs.

Back to Boarding


Gretchen Bleiler was #1 in the 2006 Olympic half pipe. Her board is k2, and her drink is Redbull. I prefer Burton and Mountain Dew, but hey...no one is giving me anything.....


K2 snow boards (KTO) happens to make my favorite clothing line. I didn't realize this until I did some homework last night. I thought Planet Earth was an independent brand, but now I know it is a part of K2.

The Ticker Quicky : KTO Stock price has averaged around $10 for 7 years. It is not going anywhere (opinion). Volcom has room to grow, but K2 is like Reebok in their industry. Not the best, but totally everywhere.


Fome the site:

K2 Inc. is a premier, branded consumer products company with a portfolio of leading brands including Shakespeare®, Pflueger® and Stearns® in the Marine and Outdoor segment; Rawlings®, Worth®, and K2 Licensing & Promotions® in the Team Sports segment; K2®, Völkl®, Marker®, Ride® and Brass Eagle® in the Action Sports segment; and, Adio®, Marmot® and Ex Officio® in the Footwear and Apparel segment. K2's diversified mix of products is used primarily in team and individual sports activities such as fishing, watersports activities, baseball, softball, alpine skiing, snowboarding, in-line skating and mountain biking. Among K2's other branded products are Miken® softball bats, Tubbs® and Atlas® snowshoes, JT® and Worr Games® paintball products, Planet Earth® apparel, Hawk® skateboard shoes, and Dana Design® backpacks.
Adio®, Atlas®, Brass Eagle®, Dana Designs®, Ex Officio®, Hawk® skateboard shoes, JT®, K2®, Marker®, Marmot®, Pflueger®, Planet Earth®, Rawlings®, Ride®, Shakespeare®, Stearns®, Tubbs®, Völkl®, Worth® and Worr Games®, are trademarks or registered trademarks of K2 Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States or other countries.

Note: Marmot, Dana Designs are excellent backpacking/hiking/ sleeping bag makers with great product.
Ride was a very strong brand before aquired.

As far as winter sports go.....I hope snow continues to fall....Winter ski areas are on shaky weather ground.....Italy looks warm and glaciers are melting very fast. It is obvious to me. What will happen, I don't know, but warming is going to hurt ski areas. They have huge costs and liability threats, and are more affected by sport trends than equipment makers.

Here's to planet Earth: Warming Impacts

Exxons Media Mission

Gretchen Bleiler
http://www.k2snowboarding.com/team/international_gretchen_interview.asp

Pictures on this page ( I obviously do not have the rights to photos from nbcolympics.com and Transworld Snowboarding mag - They have great photographers and thanks.)

1 Comments:

At 2/19/2006 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Blog Philly-man!
Though, got to had some pictures of you in "action" that would be nice.
For anybody else reading, especially ladies, I am "the real Italian-shady", so ask Phil and get to me. I ll tell you all you wanna do about Italy.

Ugo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home