Phillip carter shipyardphil organic alternative energy wind power solar stock investment chart snowboard surf green skate cramer X Investing

Monday, January 09, 2006

Whole Foods New Year



Well the new year has started and I am back from a mental vacation. I don't know how Cramer ( from CNBC ) can keep it up.

Good news is that I went to several Whole Foods ( WFMI ) grocery stores in Atlanta and Raleigh and they were jam packed.

The store experience is very good (if slightly high end). I especially enjoy all the outrageous chocolates they have that are not only mucho choco ( 50 %+ cocoa) but are charitable with profits. They carry Paul Newman's chocolate bars and Endangered Species bars ( I am big on improving biodiversity since the reduction of wild land is likely to pressure on many types of animals)

They carry a variety of quality foods, and there is a balance between organic and "regular" brand produce and packaged foods. They also carry a few Argentine wine brands that are much better than many Chilean wines and are under $10.

They stock is now over $77 and near to its pre-split high price. Their competitor Wild Oats market is also holding up, but I can understand why WFMI is trading at a much higher multiple.

Fuel cell stock plays like Fuel Cell Energy (FCEL) are holding on and I don't expect major movement in their stock price as hybrid cars will push battery technology before hydrogen.

As I get back into the swing of things I will write deeper research.
Good investing this new year!! And check previous posts for links to organic beers and alternative outdoor sportswear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home