Phillip carter shipyardphil organic alternative energy wind power solar stock investment chart snowboard surf green skate cramer X Investing

Tuesday, September 27, 2005


Volcom




(VLCM)


I've been around snowboarding longer than I have been driving. I have seen many companies come and go. Burton has always been there, and as long as I have money in my pocket, Burton will always be there. Ok so that doesn't say too much, except the link on the side panel to transworld biz magazine explains why some sport companies go public and some stay private.

The best companies are still private. Period. I looked up every company that had something in my house and only Billibong was public. I do not own anything volcom? Why? I don't know? Stuff looks pretty hard-core. They have lots of style and products. They are very into the culture and are doing more than many other companies including mountain dew...... The guys started with five grand from their folks in 1991. They have spread the logo and have something for sale in malls and serious skate/surf shops. They have nice looking stuff...I don't know why I don't own any of it....but for the record, I own no O'neil, quicksilver, or PowellPeralta (Dog Town and Z boyz)


Vans was a public company until bought by VF corp (see previous post)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home